Monday, November 16, 2009

Update!! :-)

Just a quick update- Since I'm up in Knoxville now, unfortunately Pixie's work over the last two months has been somewhat sporadic. However, I have been working with her as much as is humanly possible---and she's doing wonderfully! She walks, trots, canters (still working on getting leads 100%, but she is getting better with each workout!), backs, and is comfortable with light trail riding and obstacles around the farm. We definitely need more consistent bridlework, but that's just going to have to wait until I can work with her on a regular basis. For now, she's learning to be more confident. She is SO level headed under saddle that I let my mother (an advanced beginner rider) ride her over the weekend. Pixie was slightly unsure at first, but she quickly adjusted to my mom. Quite a feat for a three year old filly! I can absolutely see Pixie as a learner-type child's horse in the future.

I'm thinking that once spring/summer rolls around, I'll try to get her ready to take to some late summer shows for ASB Country Pleasure 13&Under with a wonderful little catch rider from KY. That's my plan, anyways!

As you can tell by the picture, Pixie is getting QUITE fuzzy and fat to boot! She gets along fabulously with her field mates and has even taken up with the three goats that now also inhabit her field.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I was wondering how Q's "sister" was doing! The ex-saddle seat rider in me still wishes Q could have a sexy mane like that! She looks great! Won't it be wild if they can meet up at the shows next year - the stories they'll have to tell each other!

    ReplyDelete