Sunday, January 17, 2010

Video

Here is a quick, blackberry-captured video of Pixie from yesterday... On the fence row to try to work on canter leads close to a fence but not back in the arena yet (too slick yesterday, everything had thawed out and it was waaaaay slippery). We had a few words yesterday (my first riding instructor would've referred to it as a Come to Jesus meeting), but I guess that's to be expected now and again. An hour and a half of riding later, I feel like we gained some ground. Storm was rolling in - neighbors were hammering something incessantly for nearly three hours - neighbor kids on the other side hollering while playing hide and seek - other horses were intermittently running/snorting... it was not a day condusive to the learning atmosphere I had hoped for. Oh well. Here's a canter video too... She got really worked up at the beginning of this pass (but it was the only canter that my mother got on video), but if you look close you can see that I slipped my left arm down to pet her on the shoulder... she settled down.


There's more motor to her than I had originally thought. Wonder what she'll do when she goes back into the stall in the summer. Could get interesting! AOT Country Pleasure classes late this summer?!? I sure hope so... still need to 1) Try out some shoes, as Miss Priss is still barefoot ; 2) Get this cantering down better ; and 3) Learn to wear a curb bit...

1 comment:

  1. She looks so awesome! Thank you so much for giving her such a good home and keeping in touch. You and Liz have been so good to me in that aspect and words can not convey how much that means and then to see her doing so well! That is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete