Saturday, January 24, 2009

Finally here!

~Pixie~
That's certainly NOT pixie dust that she's covered in!!
First night at home


Pixie made her entrance (finally!!) last night around 9:30pm... I'm so glad the waiting (among other things) is over! She unloaded and made her way into the barn with only one decent sized snort, and immediately fell in love with her nextdoor neighbor (my broodmare/practice mount, RWC Callaway's Suzy). She seems pretty quiet natured... a tad aloof right now, but that's to be expected. I went down this morning and spent about an hour in with her, just grooming and messing around. Although she didn't want me to put a leadrope on her (I didn't push the issue, these first few days will be about making friends and getting to know each other), she did stand very still for me to brush her. She even acted like she enjoyed it. Mac (the foal) and Mickey (retired show horse, RWC Pure Heirogance) REALLY want to meet her! They're in the field closest to the barn, and they've been hollering at her all morning to ask her to come out and play!


No comments:

Post a Comment