Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spoiled already

Well today we got some better pictures of Pixie than the one I took with my phone, but my computer is being silly so I will have to try and upload them again tomorrow. Pixie seemed to officially settle in today. I went down about two hours after their morning feeding and took Pixie outside for awhile, just to do some in hand work and to get her some exercise. Before long she'll be able to go out with the other horses in the field (and I KNOW she'll be excited about that!). She was a very good girl most of the time... although she did decide that bucking down the hill once sounded like an awfully good time! But she certainly is smart and she settled back down almost immediately. Her personality was emerging a good bit today, which was great. She seems to be a very sensitive filly, but she also seems to be pretty people-oriented. After our walk she had her lunchtime hay snack and chilled for the afternoon. Travis and I took her out again for about forty five minutes before evening feeding... she and Travis seemed to click together too. I was really happy to see that because Travis has not really been into messing with the horses since Sebastian (his old rescue ASB) passed away. But of course while they got to play I had to do the barn chores. I just got back up from giving Pixie her last hay snack of the day, and she definately didn't want me to leave her stall! I would walk one way in front of her stall and she would follow, then I would walk back the other way and she would follow me that way too! So I finally took the hint and spent about fifteen minutes brushing her. She's spoiled already--anyone that walks into the barn MUST stop to brush her for at least five minutes! If you don't, she lets you know that she is upset with you. She is quite funny.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment